In a laptop, the touchpad is one of the most important components. It is used to control the mouse cursor and scroll through documents. In addition, it can be used to control the volume, switch between different applications, and even adjust the screen brightness. When you use your laptop for long hours, your touchpad may get worn out and lose its sensitivity.
Why is your laptop touchpad not working?
Laptop touchpad is not working properly or not working at all. This can be a very irritating situation and can cause a lot of stress. There are many reasons why your laptop touchpad is not working, and you need to troubleshoot the issue and fix it as soon as possible. Laptop touchpad issues may be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Laptop touchpad connection issues
- Laptop touchpad dead zone issues
- Touchpad disabled due to windows registry issues
- Laptop touchpad calibration troubleshooting issues. OS problems, such as application incompatibilities with the OS or hardware driver conflicts can also cause your laptop touchpad to malfunction
- The BIOS is disabled in the laptop.
- The touchpad is disabled in BIOS settings.
- The USB ports are disabled in BIOS settings.
- The touchpad is disabled by the OS driver.
- The touchpad is disabled by a third party driver installed in the system.
- The touchpad is disabled due to virus infection on the system.
- The touchpad is disabled because of bugs in the driver or application.
- There is virus infection on the system that disables the windows XP built-in touchpad driver software, so it cannot be used to control and manipulate mouse cursor event on screen.
- The hardware ports found at back side of notebook laptop, like USB port which use for data transfer purpose (USB cable connected) are blacked out properly when plugged into another device.
What problems do you face due to the problem of touchpad?
There are several problems that are caused due to the problem of touchpad. One of the most common problems is that you can’t type. If you are typing with your finger, then it’s very difficult to type and you will be forced to use mouse or touchpad is not responding. Sometimes in such situation, you would like to apply some reset touches position or restore the device settings.
How do solve problems your laptop’s touchpad?
Update New Touchpad driver
The drivers for your laptop touchpad may be outdated, and that can prevent the touchpad from working properly. The Windows operating system will use the most recent driver for your touchpad, but if you don’t have the latest version, you can download it directly from the manufacturer’s website. When updating drivers, make sure to backup all of your personal files first. It’s important to use a guide or application that you can trust, as some program installs on your PC might be harmful.
Replace the touchpad unit
When the touchpad does not work, you have to replace the touchpad unit. There are two ways to replace the touchpad unit. You can use the mouse and keyboard on your laptop or you can use a wireless mouse and keyboard.
Change your Mouse Properties
You can fix the problem of your laptop touchpad by changing the mouse properties. Go to the Control Panel and select Mouse. In the Mouse Properties window, you will see a drop-down menu in the upper right corner. Select it and select Change Settings. In the next window, you will see all the options that you can change for your mouse. Click on “Pointer Options” and then click on “Show Pointer Options.” From there, you can adjust your pointer speed, pointer.
Remove any other mouse USB
If you are experiencing a problem with your laptop touchpad, the solution is to try to remove any other mouse USB device that may be plugged into the port. This will prevent interference with the touchpad.
There are many causes of laptop touchpad not working. Most of them are easy to solve and can be resolved within a few minutes or hours. If you are facing the same problem with your laptop touchpad then you must follow this blog post. Here we will discuss some of the actual causes and solutions for the problems. You can also visit our website at mobilecomputerrepair.com for more information about laptop touchpad and other related services.