Is it not annoying when you want to play a game on your PC with your controller, but you do not know How to Connect Xbox Controller to PC? Trust us, we have all been there.
Console gaming vs PC gaming has always been a matter of discussion among gamers from around the world. But despite you are a PC gamer or a console gamer, you are sure to have used a controller for gaming. You can find dedicated controllers for your PC, but you cannot overlook the quality of an Xbox controller. Also, if you already have an Xbox lying around in your house, you are sure to have an Xbox controller as well. It does not make sense to buy a dedicated PC controller when you have one already. But the thing is, are you able to use an Xbox controller on your PC? Well, the answer is a big yes. But you may face some complications while connecting your Xbox controller to your PC.
So, in this article, we have mentioned all the methods that you can use to connect your Xbox controller to your PC. Let us not waste any more time and begin right away.
Which Xbox series controller do you have?
Before thinking of connecting your Xbox controller to your PC, you need to find out what type of controller you have. Xbox controllers can vary depending on the model of your Xbox. The newer model Xbox controller is Bluetooth capable, whereas the older one requires a wired connection.
The known models of Xbox are Xbox series X and S, Xbox One and One S, and Xbox 360. There are other Xbox models out there, but at this point, they are very old. The controllers of Xbox series S, X, and Xbox One S are Bluetooth capable gamepads. On the other hand, the controllers of Xbox One and Xbox 360 require a wired connection.
If you have bought an Xbox controller separately or do not know the model in general, you can still find it out yourself. If you have an Xbox controller that you bought within the last 4-5 years, you most likely have a Bluetooth capable one. You can also determine it by the outlook of your controller. If your controller has no different colors around the hello button, your controller is Bluetooth supported. But if your controller has a different color around the help button, you have a wired controller.
How to Connect Xbox Controller to PC
You can connect an Xbox controller to a PC in three different ways. These three ways are
• Establishing a wired connection via USB port
• Establishing a wireless connection via Bluetooth
• Establishing a wireless connection via Xbox wireless adapter
You can choose one of these three methods to connect your Xbox controller, but all controllers do not support all the methods. Continue reading to know more about it.
Establishing a wired connection via USB port
Establishing a wired connection is the easiest and safest way to connect a controller to a PC. Windows 10 has a built-in support system for Xbox controllers. So, all you need to do is plug in a controller, and it will install the drivers will voluntarily. All models of Xbox controllers support wired connections. This is the best option for you if you are unable to determine the model of your controller. Follow these to connect your controller using a wire.
• Turn on your computer
• Connect the micro USB cable to your Xbox controller
• Connect the USB cable to your PC’s USB port
• Press the Xbox button to turn it on. If you face any sort of issues, you need to change the USB cable.
• After connecting, windows should be able to detect the Xbox controller, and you should be ready to go.
Establishing a wireless connection via Bluetooth
If it is your first time pairing a Bluetooth device to your pc, you might find it a bit complicated at first. But before trying anything, you should know if your controller supports a Bluetooth connection or not. Another thing to keep in mind is that you need an up-to-date Windows or at least the anniversary update of Windows 10. Once all things are checked, follow the steps to connect your controller via Bluetooth.
• Hold the Xbox logo on your controller to turn it on
• Turn on the Bluetooth settings of your PC by going to the action center or by searching for Bluetooth on the search bar.
• After you have turned on the Bluetooth setting, go to the “Bluetooth & other devices” menu.
• Next, you need to hold the connect button of your controller for about three seconds.
• Your PC will most likely recognize the controller and ask you to pair the device. If something like this does not show up on your screen, there are a few more steps to go.
• In the “Bluetooth & other devices” menu, click on the “add a Bluetooth or other device” tab.
• Click on the “Bluetooth option under the “add a Bluetooth or other device” tab. This will trigger a search for available Bluetooth devices.
• Find your controller and pair it.
Establishing a wireless connection via Xbox wireless adapter
As we previously mentioned, Windows 10 natively supports Xbox controllers so, the procedure is quite easy. Follow along to connect your wireless controller via Xbox wireless adapter.
• Turn on your PC
• Connect the wireless adapter to the USB port of your computer, and make sure to connect the adapter to a nearby position from the gamepad.
• Allow it to install necessary drivers
• Hold the circular logo in the middle of the gamepad to turn it on
• Press the button of the already connected wireless adapter
• Press the connect button of your gamepad
• The light surrounding the Xbox logo will start blinking as you press the connect button. Once it stops blinking and starts to show a solid light, it means it is now connected.
This is How to Connect Xbox Controller to PC. As you can see, it is quite easy to connect an Xbox gamepad for the latest support that windows provide. You can connect your gamepad in three separate ways, but the wired connection is probably the safest option for anyone.
We hope this article helped you.